Monday, October 20, 2014

Artist Instrument



For my artist instrument I created an instrument that functioned on the principles of a guitar but didn't have any strings. It relied on amplified feedback loops to create sound. I used a guitar pickup and a headphone speaker as a pickup as well, a switch between these pickups allowed me to manipulate the feedback osculation between two sounds, as well as affecting these sounds by moving the plank in different ways.
Since I am a musician I was encouraged to create an instrument that wasn't necessarily musical. The end result was a sound that is usually shied away from in music, feedback. The loud screeching noise produced by my instrument is far from pleasing, but interesting to me nonetheless. I don't think I could ever play the same thing on it twice, which is a strange concept to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment