Monday, October 20, 2014

Artist Instrument Visual Score Performance

For my performance I was given a score at the last minute due to the fact my partner was absent. The professor (which is you Clint since you will likely be the only one to read this), gave me a score from his book. The score worked very well for my instrument due to the fact I could make crackling and screeching noises the jagged lines of the score represented. The score looked a little like TV static and I tried to replicate some of those sounds. I also read the composition as different patterns and tried to use different techniques on my instrument to create sonic representations of them. I chose to read the score from left to right, with the simpler part and the beginning and then the more chaotic section at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment