Friday, October 23, 2015

Post 2 - Music Exploration Game Project - Inspiration and direction

I have been watching Daniel Cook's talk on game design and theory. I have realized that my game will be most effective as either a first or third person experience, preferably on console, or at least using a console controller.
His chart on loops show how the exploration itself needs to be the objective that keeps players playing. The sound has to create a unique experience and must also be different each time a player picks it up.

I also attempted to contact Thom Judson, an artist featured in the Clicks and Pops show on campus. He is practicing at the nexus of where art and games meet. I was interest to hear his insights into this largely under-explored art medium. I am awaiting a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment