Thursday, October 3, 2013

Project 4: Art Video Emulation

For my project I attempted to emulate Takashi Ito's "Ghost". I think I captured his technique and a bit of the overall vibe, but I think his film is much more interesting. I just couldn't get the lights to do what I wanted. I filmed the whole thing stop motion, which I really don't have the patience for. My whole video turned out really dark and its hard to tell what's going on but that kind of contributes to the nightmare vibe. I wasn't trying to make it creepy, stop motion will make just about anything creepy anyways, so I focused on Ito's technique.
As to the meaning, my favorite part (sarcasm), I think it has some think to do with electronics and media causing sleep deprivation.   You get sucked into movies, TV, and video games and before you know it, it's 4 in the morning. Ito also stated his film was conceptulized while he was getting 2 hours of sleep a night. Furthermore, the media has control over us, keeping us awake. It's constantly assaulting us with information, and we are unable to look away.



Here's the original:









Here's Mine:




No comments:

Post a Comment