Monday, September 2, 2013

Project 1: Triptych Montage



This is a triptych that I created in Photoshop cc. I obtained all of the images from Google. The idea for this project came when I noticed the similarities between the album cover for Deftones' Koi No Yokan and a scene from the game Mass Effect 2. I got several of the images from prog-metal album covers or sci-fi artwork. As for what these images mean, I didn't initially create them with any meaning, but I think that the halo-like objects behind the figures, as well as their massive scale give them a godlike appearance. To accentuate this I applied a stone texture to them to make them look like statues.
Regardless of what exists, we only can contemplate what we physically experience. I think of music as a way to push the limits of reality and expand perception of the universe and of the mind. It is a way to escape outside of normal convention and everyday life. All in all, I think that's what this image represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment